Health and Safety at Work act 1974 requires Employers to provide whatever training, instructions and information is needed to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the health and safety of it’s employees.
Employers general duties:-
- Provide suitable training and refresher training to ensure the staff are safe undertaking whatever duties they are required to perform.
- Risk Assessments, if the number of staff is greater than 5, undertake a risk assessment and record the findings and make arrangements in accordance with the findings of the risk assessment.
- Indentifying a confined space and how to conduct a risk assessment
- Provide standard operating procedures to cover all aspects of gases used.
- Set up emergency procedures.
- Gas equipment maintenance in accordance with current guidance.
- Pressure Systems Safety regulations 2000
- Manual handling training to ensure the safety of the employees.
- P.P.E. is correctly specified and supplied and maintained in good order.